Looking for a curious, talented, and tenacious problem solver who loves to torture data! Our team is growing and we are hiring data analysts to evangelize data-driven reporting and analytics.
Dendreon is looking for a Data Analyst with 5+ years experience in a Business Analysis and/or Data Analysis role. This person will be responsible for gathering, validating, and documenting reporting requirements, performing ad-hoc analysis, and building business intelligence solutions. The Data Analyst also participates in cross functional projects/initiatives and provides requirements and suggestions based on evolving business needs.
• 5+ years experience in a Business Analysis and/or Data Analysis role.
• 5+ years experience developing reporting and analytic solutions (QlikView/QlikSense/Tableau/etc.)
• Ability to read and write SQL (Oracle/MS SQL Server/PostgreSQL).
• 5+ years SAS STAT R (for Qlik) programing is a plus (my goal is to do ARIMA/ARIMAX forecasting using R linking direct to Qlik)
Other good stuff...
• Discovery, design, and build new data sources and models/KPIs/reports/dashboards/etc.
• Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
• Work closely with management and cross functional teams to define and implement new information initiatives.
• Cross-training as backup to other members on the team.
• Train and support SME community.
• Develop data evangelists through outreach and events
• Maintenance and administration of BI environment.
• Troubleshooting, bug fixing, and technical support of BI environment.
• Bachelor's degree from four year college/university or equivalent work experience required.
• Aggressive approach to data analysis and reporting.
• Knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, systems design and integration.
• Committed to providing world-class service to our partners and customers.
• Proven ability to prioritize competing needs of multiple, rapidly evolving initiatives.
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work independently with limited supervision.
• Ability to design new technical solutions to enhance existing reports and tools.
• Ability to draw conclusions, troubleshoot/resolve issues, and formulate recommendations.
• Ability to analyze data and present findings and recommendations.
• Ability to apply data analysis to real-world business situations.
• Proven ability to conceptualize from ‘Big Picture’ down to detail level.
• MSFT Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).