Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any extension that allows you to hide or display only relevant values in a list box, based on the selection in another list box ?

Hi all,

I am trying to hide the values that are not relevant in a list box, based on another selection. For example, if I select  'UK' in countries list box ..the  cities list box should display 'London' etc. Is there a way to do it ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Gautham

7 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

As long as I know this the the regular Qlik (view or sense) behaviour if your two fields are linked in some way

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Currently, the non-relevant items are greyed out. I want to hide them from the list, so that the users don't see them.

Capture.JPG

OmarBenSalem

create a simple list box as follow:

=aggr(Only({<Region=p(Region)>}Country),Country)

with this, when u select a region, only countries associated to the selected region will appear in the list box.

example:

Capture.PNG

try it and tell me if this answered ur question !

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Gautham,

You can do this by using a calculated dimension - you don't need an extension.  If the dimension is City then the expression woudl be:

=aggr(only({<City= P(City)>}City),City)

-Josh

Qlik

2018-01-08 13_36_03-Is there any extension that allows you to hide ... _ Qlik Community.png

2018-01-08 13_36_23-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

OmarBenSalem

I've already answered with the same thing; don't u think?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Oh, yes you did! I started my response and got distracted before hitting submit.

Apologies,

Josh

OmarBenSalem

gauthamboppana , havn't this answered ur question?