Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing null from '-' using text in chart

I'm working on an ERP dashboard and need to change the value of text-in-chart for my gauge chart from '-' to 'No Selection' as the users find it confusing when no field is selected, I've tried to implement an = If statement  but can't seem to get it to work.

This is the current expression:

=If(IsNull(GetCurrentField([SH Group]), 'No Selection', Num($(Rule1Dial),'#,##0.00%')

The default Null display is still '-' and my calculation no longer runs, however when the expression just reads

=Num($(Rule1Dial),'#,##0.00%')

I get the correct weighted percentage, but the Null value is still a hyphen. Would appreciate any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Let me tell you one thing about your expression that you have missed one ')' .

You can use the below expression.

=If(IsNull(GetFieldSelections([SH Group])), 'No Selection', Num($(Rule1Dial),'#,##0.00%'))

Here if the selection in SH Group is null then it will return No Selection or else the Num($(Rule1Dial),'#,##0.00%')

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Maybe this?

=if(len($(Rule1Dial)),num($(Rule1Dial),'#,##0.00%'),'No Selection')

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I like John's solution. However I'll point out that getCurrentField() is probably the wrong function to use in your test. GetCurrentField returns the current field of a group -- which would never be null.

-Rob

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Let me tell you one thing about your expression that you have missed one ')' .

You can use the below expression.

=If(IsNull(GetFieldSelections([SH Group])), 'No Selection', Num($(Rule1Dial),'#,##0.00%'))

Here if the selection in SH Group is null then it will return No Selection or else the Num($(Rule1Dial),'#,##0.00%')

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you guys, works great now