Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denwo2010
Creator
Creator

Section Access Issue - Not sure what to do?

Hi,

I have the attached Document which is report based on Engineer Utilisation. I want to create a Section Access which is based on the user from which country they are  from i.e. FR = France, UK = United Kingdom.

I have issue where if I do a section access it is not bringing all the results that I require.

For Example if I select EngineerID (EngCal) "CEN160", the Engineer Utilisation Detail will show all the resullts I want to see; but once I click on DB = "FR", it removes the rows that are not assoicated to a call no? I still want thes to appear and not sure what the best way round this?

i.e. change the Table design, or can I create a second section access table that looks at the Eng Cal Db and one that looks at the Key Event Table? If that actually would help?

Thanks

8 Replies
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, Ive tried the following (see attached) but not sure if these is logically correct?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am not sure with your requirement.

Can you please explain with an example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Kaushik,

As you can see from the first Document, if you select EngineerID = "CEN160", you will see on the Engineer Utilisation Detail will show all the utilisation for that engineer, if I applied the DB Filter which will eventually be my Section Access to "UK" it will remove thethe ones that does not have a CallNo, I require this information though.

Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you have observed your DB i.e UK dont have Null CallNo.

So according to the Selection you make that data is filtering out and thus you can not see the null callno.

So as far as i know its not possible.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Can you think of away to change the table design tro get round this? Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I think you can try this.

Create Straight Table

Add all dimension you want

Add Expression as sum({<DB=>}1)

Due to this expression, the data will not change even if you select the DB.

Hide the expression. from presentation tab in properties of chart

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Kaushik,

That doesn't seem to have made any difference; do you know if you can create two section access on one Document.

Thanks

denwo2010
Creator
Creator
Author

Anyone out there that can help with this?