Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

User Management - Documents

Hi all,

Currently I'm compiling a list of users and the documents that they have access to using the QVS Manager tool. But there is a problem with documents that are assigned to "all authenticated user" option. Normally we control these type of documents using section access. But the tool will return all users instead of those listed in the section access.

But, we can access the same info by going to QMC -> Users -> User Management -> Select User -> Document tab. The info in this tab will include the section access control. If the user can't access the document due to section access, the document won't be listed here.

screenshot.png

Is there a way to get the same info as the above? Any tools?

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not that I know of. Most 3rd party tools have no way to simulate the impact of Section Access on ... document access. Doing so would significantly lower the security of your documents.

The QMS on the other hand can ask the QVS to produce a list of accessible documents, just like the QVWS does when a particular user opens the AccessPoint landing page. But the exact reason why a document isn't visible is not included.

I'm not sure whether this information exchange between QMS (or QVWS) and QVS is documented, but you can observe it happening in the QVWS logs.

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I see... I thought it would be something accessible via the QMS API. I believe the current API can return the list of users assigned to the document, but not the other way around (list of documents can be accessed by the user)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed, but AFAIK the API has no idea about embedded Section Access either. You can assign users to a document to be distributed to, but they may still be unable to open it due to conflicting Section Access specs.