Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

About QVW files model

Hello Mates,

I have two QVW files.

One QVW1 is having two tabs called main1 and main2. This file is having complete relation ship of tables(primary and foreign key) on top Dashboard is being built.

In QVW2 file is having just only one tab called main2 which is similar to QVW1. But here whatever dashboard is created the same is appearing.

Can someone tell me how it is having dashboard without having bianry load in QVW2.

Regards,

kumar

6 Replies
Colin-Albert

Perhaps if you could post the scripts from the two apps we could help you.

Your post does not have sufficient detail to identify the cause of your problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your quick reply. Like below it is defined in two QVW files.

QVW1

QVW2

Regards,

Kumar

Colin-Albert

Not much detail there to go on.

Can you show the actual script for tab 22 in both apps.cI can only see half of row 40!

Are there other tabs in the script for QVW2?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That are not screenshots of the scripts. Those are screenshots of the menus and toolbars. They are not reponsible for filling your second document with unexpected data.

If you don't like posting script code, open your QVW2 document in QV Desktop and press Ctrl-T. This will open the table viewer. If you see table objects, click the header of one using the right mouse button and select Preview. The Tree viewer will show you the first 1000 rows in that table (or less). That data is what you see in your Dashboard. It is there because you either

• copied QVW1 to QVW2 before removing all unneeded script tabs and UI objects. Without reloading the document, the data from QVW1 will still be present in your data model of QVW2. Until you reload the document. Or you
  • created a new script and executed it one or more times. If your remaining user interface objects only use data that is loaded by the remaining script code, then the object will be filled in exactly the same way as in QVW1.

I think it is probably the first one.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I am able to see data in both QVW files.

As you said If all objects might have copied from QVW1 to QVW2 into UI, but how it will have latest data in UI layer of QVW2 document. In QVW1 I am having all QVD files are being used and relationships defined.

Without having binary in QVW2 how it will hold latest data?

Can you explain briefly as I am new this Qlikview.

Regards,

Kumar

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you use a copy of QVW1 as basis for QVW2? Then you will start with the data QVW1 contained at the moment of the copy.

QlikView creates BI solutions in one single file, called a QVW document. It contains everything needed for doing querying and analysis of your enterprise data: the User Interface objects, the expressions for processing data in real-time, the script code to get a new set of records, an optional security system to block/grant access and perform data reduction, and the data model that is usually filled with the data you need to report on. All in one file.

After a QVW document has been succesfully reloaded, it has no live links to any outside data source (one exception: Direct Discovery). You can take your QVW file on a laptop to another continent and it will still show you exactly the same stuff as before.

Does that explain what is happening or what you are wondering about?

Peter