2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2018 7:49 AM by Steve Newman RSS

QlikSense Server Ram usage by App

Christian Nogueira

Hi,

Is there a way to see the ram usage of the server by app or user?

I`m aware that there is the Operations Monitor inside Monitoring Apps Flow, but the ram usage is not displayed by App, it's only a total ram usage of the server.

Inside the server, everything comes down to a single process named Engine.exe.

QlikSense Server (June 2017) 11.11.1

Monitoring Apps 7.2.3

• Re: QlikSense Server Ram usage by App
          Juraj Misina

Hi Christian

I don't think you can get this kind of info from Operations monitor. Performance info (CPU and RAM usage) are based on a log which is not related to session/app info in any way. From what I've seen so far there's no such log wich tracks memory usage by session/app.

Juraj

• Re: QlikSense Server Ram usage by App
            Steve Newman

It really depends on what you are trying to do.

If you are looking to analyze your applications to see which ones are consuming lots of resources and/or are slow to render, then I would suggest that you use the scalability tools. They are designed to help you tune your applications to get the most out of your resources (RAM) as well as provide the best user experience (speed) that you can get. I always recommend using the scalability tools on each incremental update of an application so that I can compare the performance difference between versions and make sure that the experience remains optimized.

The scalability tools can be found here:

Qlik Scalability

Unfortunately, this will not help with debugging point in time issues as it is not a real time monitoring tool. For example, if you have a memory spike at 3:54am they won’t help you there. You might want to use the Operating System Logs with a solution like this:

http://qlikshow.com/download/event-log-monitor-app/