0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2018 10:02 AM by Kris Markee RSS

NPrinting 17 Report Performance

Kris Markee

I’m hoping someone can provide some insight into what goes on behind the scenes with regards to NPrinting when reports in certain scenarios are executed as it pertains to calling upon a QlikView app.  I’m asking because we are trying to understand some of the performance concerns we are seeing.  I have seen the WP-Qlik NPrinting-17.3-architecture and scalability pdf but still feel like I need more info as to what is actually happening “under the covers”.

What is actually happening when On Demand is called from a QlikView app?  I think the general functionality is that a QV bookmark with the users filter selections is established and passed as parameters to NPrinting, but what actually between executing the Create Report button and seeing the downloadable result?  Is the QV app being opened up on the NP server, is all the data being scanned, and then does NP decide how to render and deliver the report, etc etc?

What is actually happening when we ask the NP Web Console to publish a report?  Is it the same concept as On Demand?  Is the cycling, paging and filter data being passed to the NP server where the QV app opens and scans all the data and then NP decides how to render and deliver reports, etc etc?

I know these things below affect performance, but it is the first item that is not obvious to me why. So as a starting point I’m looking for info to help explain why the amount of data in a Qlik app affects performance.

• The amount of data in the Qlik app.
      • The number of images, objects and levels are used in a report.
      • The number of and type connections are used.
      • The amount of data you want to display in your report.
      • The number of reports you want to send via a task
      • The number of users connected to a task.

Thanks for your help.