cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markp201
Creator III
Creator III

Need to filter recipients before importing

We have a report to run for prior day activity.  Before running the report we import the recipients

but this will import close to 1000 recipients but the prior day only applies to 10 or 20 recipients.

Is it possible to apply the date filter prior to importing recipients?  This way it will not waste time

with hundreds of empty filters.

5 Replies
markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It's a bit of a workaround but here's what I did.

Created a filter on one dimension in the chart to reference the prior day and set the dimension to suppress nulls.  This way I would only import the recipients needed. =IF(EventDate=today()-1,customer).  It's hard-coded but it would better to reference a variable..

I added a column for a recipient group to map during the import task.  Assign this group to the report task recipient.

Add a filter to the task for prior date - again a variable would be better because it would avoid twice the maintenance.

Filter Syntax, Parameters, and Options for Importing Recipients

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Import task has no filter in both Qlik NPrinting 16 and 17. If a user is in the source it will be imported.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We have over 10,000 recipient emails but we can apply task/report filters to get the report down to 2 recipients.  Instead of spinning through all 10,000 it would make to allow a filter on the import as well.  One of the complications is we're not emailing the actual recipient but their department head.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Mark,

I can suggest this feature but it is the first time we receive this request.

A solution, that I have not tested, could be to create a QlikView document, import and filter the recipients there and then export only the one you want to import into the Qlik NPrinting source file by creating an NPrinting report.

Qlik NPrinting 16 can import directly from QlikView objects, so, if you are using it, you can skip the export to Excel to create the source file.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
markp201
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That's what we're having to do but if we want to test another day we have to change the filter in the qvw and the nprinting - a bit kludgy.  My thinking was we're filtering the report so why not filter the import as well in order to save some time.