Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fyyjulien
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to configure a second server for Qliksense

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the conguration of the second server.

My customer duplicate the server dev to create a server prod (two servers are all VM)

So server prod has the same configuration than server dev.

I try to connect by the server prod's ip public, it works, but i think it doesn't use the services of server prod, it redirect on the server dev.

And I have just one node (central node) in qmc.

Can someone give me an advice for the configuration? If someone have a ppt about process for this kind of server, is it possible to send to me?

Thanks in advance,

Julien FAN

3 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Julien,

Just to be clear, they've taken a snapshot of the dev server, placed that on a new server and are calling it live?

If that is the case, then certificates and everything would have been copied across, so am not surprised you are seeing issues.

A better approach would have been to take a snapshot of the dev repository, done a fresh Sense install on the live box, and then imported the dev repository into live. That way, the live server would have its own config and certificates, but will also contain the apps and objects from the dev server.

Best regards,

Simon

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Julien

If you want to create a second server like a development environment there´re some ways to create:

- Stand Alone with new test license;

- Multi-node;

- Multi-node with load balance;

Anyway, the process to copy a VM and start it´s not supported from Qlik and has some problems as simon.minifie mentioned.

I guess that you want to read the articles from (agigliotti‌) and understand what the customer really wants.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM