Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to update Qlik Sense nov 2017?

Hi community,

Today I try  to install Qlik Sense november 2017 with the latest update (patch 2). A clean install of Qlik Sense was easily done and after filling in / altering some settings it was running. Then I installed the patch, which was succesfull, but then the proxy went down and never came up. Then I tried to remove the patch but the first attempt failed, my second attempt was succesfull, but no working Qlik Sense anymore. Then I tried to repair Qlik Sense and the first attempt failed, a second attempt is now running and succesfull, but got immideately problems with opening the QMC (proxy related) and my user directory connector is gone and some users ..... how come?

But my main question is: what am I doing wrong when installing the patch 2 and or is there any precise step-to-step plan to install?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Aad Dijksman (the Netherlands)

6 Replies
herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Is there any antivirus that cam be blocking some inputs in windows registry?

Try to uninstall and manually delete all the folders related to Qlik Sense and try again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Herbert, thanks for your reply and excuse for reacting this late, I was a few days off due to the birthday of my daughter.

There is no antivirus on that server because it is offline. But I keep your comment in mind because the real environment I need to install this patch is an online machine.

Can a firewall be part of the problem maybe?

Kind regards,

Aad Dijksman

herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I think that this is not the case.

Try to install all again and update(with default configuration)

If something goes wrong post the log file here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Herbert,

Reading your post a few questions raise. You mean installing all over again, from scratch on? And I think I first need to license the Qlik Sense installation before installing the patch?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Aad Dijksman

herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes reinstall all over again.

No, you dont need to licence the server before install the patch, you can install all in one hit.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Herbert,

It did the trick! Thanks. I do not know what went (or I did) wrong last week, but this one is solved for now.

Kind regards,

Aad Dijksman