Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to know if a repaint was triggered by new data?

Hello

I'm developing a Qlik Sense extension and I noticed that the engine calls the "paint()" function quite often: when the hypercube changes, when another property changes, when the user resizes the extension area, etc.

Since my initial data load operation is quite slow (because I need to do some post-processing on the cube's data before it is displayed), I would like to know: is there a way to know WHY my paint() function was called? What I mean is: can I know if the paint() function was called because the hypercube changed (in which case I need to re-run my post processing routines) or simply because the extension was resized (in which case I don't need to touch the data)??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You can implement your own resize handling. I'm afraid this seems to be missing in the documentation. If you add a resize method to your extension, that will be called on resize, not the paint method.

Erik Wetterberg

If you find this helps you, please mark the answeras helpful and/or correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

You can implement your own resize handling. I'm afraid this seems to be missing in the documentation. If you add a resize method to your extension, that will be called on resize, not the paint method.

Erik Wetterberg

If you find this helps you, please mark the answeras helpful and/or correct.