Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micahsakata
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Hub is very slow to render

When users access my production Qlik Sense server, the hub takes about 40 seconds to render.  It's a fairly new system and only has 3 apps currently running.  The data sizes are small.  However, there are fairly complex security rules in place for stream, app, and app object level security.

We're running QS 3.1.5, Shared Persistence (1 central, 2 rim); Windows Server 2012 R2, 64bit.  Rim nodes are 2 core, 64G RAM.

Could the security rule complexity cause the delay for the hub to render?  How can I decrease that time so my users aren't frustrated by the wait?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

As soon as we implemented a fine grain security model, we saw the same behavior you are seeing...   plus we have a rule that locks down what QMC users see, we also see the same issue rendering pages such as the apps in QMC

Sorry no help on resolving, but can confirm it is probably your security rules doing this

Barry

View solution in original post

5 Replies
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

As soon as we implemented a fine grain security model, we saw the same behavior you are seeing...   plus we have a rule that locks down what QMC users see, we also see the same issue rendering pages such as the apps in QMC

Sorry no help on resolving, but can confirm it is probably your security rules doing this

Barry

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

try to do benchmarking (RAM, CPU) on the servers, because 40 seconds is too much.

teemu_jr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey!

Throwing hardware at it will help only marginally.

The fine grain 'Security Rules' is the reason behind it. Confirmed in a fairly large setup. Cleaning it up and using 'Custom Properties' for mapping security and limiting them to to 'Hub' will give you more considerable gains.

/Teemu

teemu_jr
Contributor II
Contributor II

We have thrown a ridicilous amount of brand new hardware (CPU, RAM) with no significant improvement to hub rendering. Also tweaked PostgreSQL and central node. Utilization of CPU and RAM is low which draws us to the conclusion of the 'Security Rule' engine being not large enteprise scale grade.
Mav70
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi.

We've also been experiencing similar issues with the Hub taking 45-60 seconds to open. Today I tried using Edge (and Internet Explorer) rather than Chrome and the Hub opens in 6-8 seconds! Are you using Chrome as the client?