cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Distinct values

Hi everyone,

I am quite new to qliksense and I have noticed already some discrepancies between excel and qliksense.

Whenever I import a csv file into qliksense, I get a different number of distinct values than the one I get from excel when I remove duplicates. And it's not just a couple, but thousands.

Do you know if I am missing something during the process? Am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers!

Anca

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Check the spelling of your csv file. Qlik Sense is case sensitive. For instance, excel will identify "name" and "Name" as duplicate values but Qlik will identify them as distinct values.

Thanks,

Carlos

View solution in original post

8 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

can you attach some data (a portion of your file) ?

also, it will be interesting to see via screen shots the difference you have between excel and Qliksense

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I don't seem to find the place for attaching files..

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

When you open the thread and start to write, on the right there is a link to advanced options, click on it and from there you can attach everything you want

Neymar_Jr
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please check the below link  -

Uploading a Sample

Regards,

RT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help.

Attached you can find the file I am struggling with.

It has 6145 distinct values according to qliksense, but when I remove duplicates in excel, I am left with 4422 values...

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Check the spelling of your csv file. Qlik Sense is case sensitive. For instance, excel will identify "name" and "Name" as duplicate values but Qlik will identify them as distinct values.

Thanks,

Carlos

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Carlos. It seems that this is the problem indeed with this file. Now that I know the issue, I can fix it

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Awesome Ancuta, I'm glad it was a simple fix.