Hi Akshay - thanks for your question and welcome to the Qlik family! There are a few options for you.
Thanks Yousseff for tagging me)
In answer to your questions:
- Qlik Sense Desktop does not have the Qlik Management Console (QMC) - so this is not possible with Desktop
- It is possible with a configuration on your laptop - running Qlik Sense Enterprise locally
- Yes you should be able to use the same Enterprise License Key on your laptop
Migration can be a number of different things - you can look at the online help which covers some of these steps:
There are some Enterprise videos I created (using the older version of Qlik Sense) - that can show you some of the administration steps - newer videos are now hosted in the Qlik Help YouTube channel (linked from this index)
Also - finally you may want to look into Qlik Continuous Classroom: Course: System Administrator Library
There is a brief video I created that explains it: ( hke)
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Thank you for your response. I'll surely go through the resources that you have provided.
I have a few more follow-up questions:
1. The Enterprise license key has already been used for installing Qlik Sense Enterprise on one server. Do you think I can use it again for running QS Enterprise on my laptop?
2. By Migration, I mean the following:
a. We have a PROD server with some issues in OS.
b. We need to create a New PROD server and move all Apps, Configuration, Data Files, Repository and other things from the existing PROD to the New PROD server so that we can later switch to the New PROD server after testing it successfully.
c. Before I do that, I want to replicate the same process on my local machine but with fewer Applications - 2 or 3.
d. Do you think I can do such a migration on my local machine?