3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2018 9:11 AM by sariga madathil RSS

App IDs and Object IDs change when deploying

Deana Nguyen

MashUp reference App IDs and Object IDs to embed QlikSense content into it.

For deployment from Test server to Production server, we'll need to do export (from Test server)  and import (to Production server) of both the mash up &  the application(s) that the mash up uses.

From what I understand during the export/import of application, the Apps ID and all Objects IDs of the app will be changed. Hence, once deploy to Production server, you will have to manually updated your mash up to reference the new IDs. I am looking for a process to make the deployment process much more automate.

Can we use name instead of ID ?

For application: I think it will works as long as you make sure that your app name is unique.

For object within the app: How do you find out the name of the object ? is it the same as the title?

Is there any other better way for deployment?

• Re: App IDs and Object IDs change when deploying
          Bill Markham

ID's are allocated when things are created, so on an export / import the App ID will certainly be different Test vs. Prod.  But on publishing an app from the the Work Stream to another stream the App ID of the target app will remain as is.

Individual Object ID's within an App should remain unchanged.  But if an object is copied from one app to another app then the a new target object will be created and this will have a new Object ID.

What I have done with mashups is have some if statements to open the correct App ID as per the hostname, like this but I have changed the names in the below to protect the innocent :

/* On localhost QlikSense Desktop */

if  ( hostName == 'localhost' ) {

console.log ( 'Detected Host: ' , hostName ) ;

var app = qlik.openApp('MyApp.qvf', config);

} ;

/* On QlikSense Dev Server  DevServer.net */

if  ( hostName == 'DevServer.net' ) {

var app = qlik.openApp('DevAppID', config);

} ;

/* On QlikSense TestServer.net' */

if  ( hostName == 'TestServer.net' ) {

var app = qlik.openApp('TestAppID', config);

} ;

/* On QlikSense ProdServer.net' */

if  ( hostName == 'ProdServer.net' ) {

var app = qlik.openApp('ProdAppID', config);

} ;

I'd be interested if anyone else has a better and less hard coded method.

• Re: App IDs and Object IDs change when deploying
            Chanty 4u

yes it will change.

but  when you done any changes in app and moving to server you have replace with old app then it will not change the app id and object ids as wwell.