4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2011 2:47 PM by Juergen Judt RSS

    SAPCONNECTOR - bad load results with fields terminated by .E

      Hello,

      I'm using SAPCONNECTOR to load a table into Qlickview

      but i have some troubles when text fields are terminated with E or .E (dot E)

      below you can see the oracle table description and some simple tests i made

      did someone already see such problem ?

      thanks

       

       

      Oracle description :

      MANDT                                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(3)

      MATNR                                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(18)

      MFRPN                                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(40)

       

      Contents :

      MATNR___________   MFRPN______

      000000000000009739 6307

      000000000000063654 6307.E

      000000000000094875 6307.EE

      000000000000255657 6307E

       

       

      LOAD MATNR, MFRPN;

      SQL SELECT MATNR,MFRPN FROM ZTABLE;

       

      I find this values in Qlikview reports :

      MATNR___________   MFRPN______

      000000000000009739 6307

      000000000000063654 6307                    *** bad

      000000000000094875 6307.EE

      000000000000255657 6307                    *** bad

       

       

      If i try this values in Oracle:

      MATNR___________   MFRPN______

      000000000000009739 6307.E

      000000000000063654 6307

      000000000000094875 6307.EE

      000000000000255657 6307E

       

      I get this in qlikview

      MATNR___________   MFRPN______

      000000000000009739 6307.E

      000000000000063654 6307.E                  **** bad

      000000000000094875 6307.EE

      000000000000255657 6307.E                  **** bad

        • Re: SAPCONNECTOR - bad load results with fields terminated by .E
          Sravan Puppala

          Hi,

           

          Use text(MFRPN) as MFRPN when you are loading into qlikview. Qlikview takes as a number and hence Alphabets are avoided. If you use text it will consider as a text and hence the number and alphabets must be in..

           

          Hope it helps

           

          Regards

          sravan

            • SAPCONNECTOR - bad load results with fields terminated by .E

              Hello Sravan,

              thanks for this fast response

              i tried this solution and it's working good

               

              but we buy sapconnector in order to have good fields definitions directly

              we made some "SELECT * FROM TABLE"

              and to apply this solution we have to specify all fields

              and to correct all actual scripts

               

              i will use your solution in production

              thanks a lot one more time

              Lionel.

                • Re: SAPCONNECTOR - bad load results with fields terminated by .E
                  Sravan Puppala

                  Hi Lionel,

                   

                  Glad that it worked and you are welcome

                  The different Formats in SAP and different formats in Qlikview cannot be made to define the definitions directly. SAP connector is only for fetching the data as it is in the tables but these settings in your Qlikview suggest the basic Settings as below:

                   

                  SET ThousandSep='.';

                  SET DecimalSep=',';

                  SET MoneyThousandSep='.';

                  SET MoneyDecimalSep=',';

                  SET MoneyFormat='#.##0,00 €;-#.##0,00 €';

                  SET TimeFormat='hh:mm:ss';

                  SET DateFormat='DD.MM.YYYY';

                  SET TimestampFormat='DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff]';

                  SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mrz;Apr;Mai;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Okt;Nov;Dez';

                  SET DayNames='Mo;Di;Mi;Do;Fr;Sa;So';

                   

                  Some settings in the Qlikviewscript must be done if the format is not correct or if there is change in the transformation from one format to other.

                   

                  Regards

                  Sravan

                    • SAPCONNECTOR - bad load results with fields terminated by .E
                      Juergen Judt

                      Hello Sravan,

                       

                      when we have this in the database:

                      MATNR     MFRPN

                      000000000000063654 6307

                       

                      It should be not possible that QV+SapConnector load something like this:

                      000000000000063654 6307.E

                       

                      Why QV add a ".E" --> I think it should have nothing todo with the different Formats!

                      QV can interpret "6307" as text or number --> but should not add a ".E"!

                       

                      But of course, your solutiuon with the text(MFRPN) is working --> but I think this is only a workarround for this problem.

                      I have open a ticket bei QV and I waiting for an answer......

                       

                      Regards,

                      Juergen