Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unlink Table from all Other Tables

This is a question for Qlik Sense.

I have a table that I want to be completely unlinked from all other tables, however it seems to need to share a field name with another table.

I currently have two tables, one which I need to be "standalone" (not linked with any other table). This has a field called GroupID. I have another table which is linked to a number of other tables. This table also has a field called GroupID. No other tables have GroupID in their list of fields.

My problem becomes that I need to restrict access to both of these tables through GroupID (ex users in Group A will only be able to see things marked A in both the standalone and linked tables), so it appears that I cannot change the name of the field in the standalone.

How can I either remove the linkage between the two tables, or make section access apply by multiple fields (at which I would change standalone's GroupID field name to something else)?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

to disconnect a table from the rest of the model, you can use multiple techniques, like the QUALIFY statement

Qualify statement adds on the loaded fields the name of the table.

example:

Qualify *;

TableA:

load

field1

field2

from...

Unqualify;

==> on your model, you will have fields named like this: TableA.field1, TableA.field2

using this,  no chance to have fields sharing the same name with other fields from other tables, resulting to a disconnected table.

and for a section access using different fields, read this:

Data Reduction Using Multiple Fields

Basics for complex authorization

Authorization using a Hierarchy

View solution in original post

1 Reply
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

to disconnect a table from the rest of the model, you can use multiple techniques, like the QUALIFY statement

Qualify statement adds on the loaded fields the name of the table.

example:

Qualify *;

TableA:

load

field1

field2

from...

Unqualify;

==> on your model, you will have fields named like this: TableA.field1, TableA.field2

using this,  no chance to have fields sharing the same name with other fields from other tables, resulting to a disconnected table.

and for a section access using different fields, read this:

Data Reduction Using Multiple Fields

Basics for complex authorization

Authorization using a Hierarchy