6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2018 7:12 PM by Pablo Labbe RSS

Filter on a dimension from the master item list

Mick Rovenstine

I have created a dimension in the Master item list that returns a "year" as a function of a [date field] and a [length field] in months.

e.g. Master item 'Year' is defined as the function: year(addmonths([date field], [length field])

Subsequently when I use 'Year' as a dimension in a visualization and try to filter on it, I expect to see all of the records associated with a specific year, but instead, the filter associates my selection of a year to the selection of the corresponding [date field] and [length field] associated with my filter selection.

e.g.  I select '2013' in a filter and expect to see all the records with the calculated 'Year' of 2013. 

Instead it filters on [date field] and [length field] for all the records in 2013 and the result is records that contain any combination of those fields resulting in records with a variety of 'Year' outcomes.

Is there a way to filter only on a function's return value in the Master item list instead of the fields from which it was calculated?

Thanks in advance for any help!