25 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2018 2:30 PM by reshma k m RSS

Reload Tasks

reshma k m

Hi,

I need to enable a Qliksense developer to schedule Reload tasks in QMC. Could you please guide me how to achieve this? I tried creating a security rule, but it is not working for me.

• Re: Reload Tasks
          Jerry Jackson

I used this page (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ServerUserGuide/SUG_ConfiguringSecurity_Envir…) as a guide to allow a user to create and run a task to reload an application.

In the QMC rule, I only allowed access to the QmcSection_App,QmcSection_Task,QmcSection_ReloadTask sections.

reshma k m

This is working. But I need a modification. Currently the user can access reload tasks created for apps in other streams. i have to restrict the user access by stream. ie, the user should only see the reload tasks created for his app stream. How can I do this?

Jerry Jackson

In your reload security rule, you can limit access to the users apps.  Add something like:

Resource Filter:  ReloadTask*,SchemaEvent*,CompositeEvent*

Actions: Read, Update, Delete

Conditions:

((user.name="PUT_USER_NAME_HERE" and resource.app.owner.name="PUT_USER_NAME_HERE"))

or resource.resourcetype = "SchemaEvent"

or resource.resourcetype = "CompositeEvent"

reshma k m

Thanks for your quick response. I am trying to design something more general in nature. I am trying to create an "advanced developer" sort of role. you can find the details in the below thread.

Security framework - Sense QMC

The proposed rule should enable users to perform the below activities. But your suggestions are welcome.

• View / Create Data connection, App, App Objects specific to their stream. Don’t see anything that doesn’t belong to their stream.
                      • Schedule reload task for the Apps in their stream.
                      • Create Custom properties and security rules.
                          reshma k m

Currently I am using a custom property for usertype (=developer) and a set of security rules. I have hard-coded only the stream name.

Jerry Jackson

Replace the user.name="PUT_USER_NAME_HERE" with the custom properties you created and change resource.app.owner.name ="PUT_USER_NAME_HERE" with resource.app.owner.name = user.name

reshma k m

I have modified the rule as below.

Resource filter: ReloadTask_*,SchemaEvent_*,Tag_*,CompositeEvent_*

Actions: create, read, update, delete

Conditions:

user.roles="StreamAdmin" and

resource.app.owner.name = user.name and

user.@usertype="Developer" and (resource.resourcetype="ReloadTask" or resource.resourcetype="SchemaEvent" or resource.resourcetype="CompositeEvent" or resource.resourcetype="Tag")

Note:

StreamAdmin is a new custom admin role created by a security rule.

usertype is a custom property.

Now the user can see only the tasks created by him. But it can't be scheduled and no new tasks can be created. In my requirement, he should be able to create and schedule reload tasks.

Jerry Jackson

Because the Boolean logic of the rules is hard to understand, I created multiple rules.

Create Task:

Resource Filter: ReloadTask*,SchemaEvent*,CompositeEvent*

Actions: Create

Conditions:

user.roles="StreamAdmin" and user.@usertype="Developer"

Reload Task:

Resource Filter: ReloadTask*,SchemaEvent*,CompositeEvent*

Actions: Read, Update, Delete

Conditions:

user.roles="StreamAdmin" and

resource.app.owner.name = user.name and

user.@usertype="Developer"

App:

Resource Filter: Read

Conditions:

user.roles="StreamAdmin" and user.@usertype="Developer"  and (resource.owner.name = user.name or resource.App.HasPrivilege("read"))

The HasPrivilege lets our users schedule apps that they see in shared streams.

reshma k m

For App:

what should be the rersource filter? App_* is enough?

Jerry Jackson

These rules are only set for the QMC.  In my instance, to allow the user to see the applications the resource filter was App* not App_*.

The create task rule should turn on the "Create" button, but not show any tasks.

The reload task rule should let the user read, update and delete tasks that are related to apps that they own.

reshma k m

Yes. It is working as expected. But a small problem is there. I am not able to create any trigger for scheduling tasks. Even if I create, it is not there the next time I open the task. I tried modifying the read-update-delete task to include the code below:

((user.roles="StreamAdminA" and resource.app.owner.name=user.name and user.@usertype="Developer" and (resource.resourcetype="ReloadTask" or resource.resourcetype="SchemaEvent" or resource.resourcetype="CompositeEvent")))

I modified the create task too. But it doesn't work.

Jerry Jackson

In the reload task rule, try:

Condition: ((user.roles="StreamAdminA" and resource.app.owner.name=user.name and user.@usertype="Developer" ))

The resource filter:  ReloadTask*,SchemaEvent*,CompositeEvent* should limit the part that I removed from the conditions.

Actions should be read, update and delete.

reshma k m

I did that. As you said, The create task rule turned on the "Create" button, but not show any tasks.

The reload task rule let the user read, update and delete tasks that are related to apps that they own.

The problem here is, the user can't create any triggers in the reload task.

Jerry Jackson

I went back and reviewed my test user and with the rules that you  have, it was able to create tasks with once and daily triggers.

Do you get an error when you create a trigger, an error when you try to save the task or are you missing the options to create the triggers.

Also, you should be able to create a task from the task menu and app menu (more options).  Do you get errors from both of these methods?

reshma k m

I was trying from Task menu. I am able to create a trigger, but it vanishes as soon as I hit "apply" and when I open the task again I don't see it. I tried from App menu, create new reload task is disabled/grayed out.

reshma k m

I have the below tasks set up for this:

name: TestCreateReloadTask

resource filter: ReloadTask*,SchemaEvent*,CompositeEvent*

actions: create

conditions: ((user.roles="StreamAdminA" and user.@usertype="Developer"))

context: only in QMC

name: TestRUDReloadTask

resource filter: ReloadTask*,SchemaEvent*,CompositeEvent*

actions: read, update, delete

conditions: ((user.roles="StreamAdminA" and resource.app.owner.name=user.name and user.@usertype="Developer"))

name: TestAppReloadTask

resource filter: App*

actions: read

conditions: user.roles="StreamAdminA" and user.@usertype="Developer"  and (resource.owner.name = user.name or resource.App.HasPrivilege("read"))