Waste Management, Inc. is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. The company serves nearly 20 million municipal, commercial, industrial, and residential customers through a network of 367 collection operations, 355 transfer stations, 273 active landfill disposal sites, 16 waste-to-energy plants, 134 recycling plants, and 111 beneficial-use landfill gas projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management, Inc. is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology Professionals to join the Waste Management corporate IT team and participate in this ongoing effort.
Waste Management currently has an opportunity for a BI Architect that has expert understanding of BI data structures, BI Tools and Data Mart development. Should be able to write complex Qlikview SQL scripts and be able to develop BI solutions using Qlikview BI tool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop medium to complex BI solutions using Qlikview
- Coordinate with BI/ETL/Solution team members for the overall BI solution
- Provide appropriate solution for building Data Marts into an enterprise data warehouse for faster throughput and performance
- Mentor and train team of analysts and developers
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Minimum of ten years of previous experience. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS and ten or more years of software development experience.
- 2 years Qlikview implementation experience (ETL and Dashboard)
- 5+ years data modeling and data profiling experience
- 5+ years SQL / complex query writing experience
- 3-5 years BI dashboard design/development experience
- 10+ years Corporate IT experience
- Additional knowledge of using other enterprise level BI tools
- Excellent data validation and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented, with ability to drill down into detailed business and technical specifics
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to mentor and guide junior development team members
The job profile can be found on the Waste Management Careers website (located at http://www.wm.com/careers/index.jsp). For reference information, the Job ID is #11961.
If you would like to learn more, feel free to reach out to me via email or telephone.