cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting 16.6 - cycling directories

Hi there,

I tried the cycling feature. It works well for dynamic report naming. ... so far so good ...

But then I tried using die current cycle field for the subfolder name with the help of a variable, that didn't work:

The variable works but doesn't show the selection of the current cycle... because the cycle selection happens at report level not at task level...

I also tried using the "\" separator within the report

Any ideas?

Regards

Robin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Not necessarily manual - it can be fully automated.

You can export recipients with corresponding filters and then import them to nprinting.

Recipients need to be in one group and you then add that group to the report task.

At the end you will have a job with 3 tasks - export recipients, import recipients, run reports.

You can find more info here QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - Recipients & Users

It's probably best if you can put them into one directory though

Matus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

the variable should be evaluated at the time when report is generated.

If I read it correctly that should do exactly what you need.

Dynamic Output Paths

Can you post the variable definition?

BR,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Matus,

I have attached a basic demo. I like to achieve that 4 folders named A,B,C and D will be generated...

Regards Robin

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

The problem is that the variable is not evaluated - it contains the string '=concat(GROUP)', not the outcome of $(vCycle).

You would have to set the variable every time the selection in GROUP is made. I tried both Document trigger and Field select trigger but they do not work with nprinting.

What you can do is create recipients with filters per Group entry. You can have recipient name in the directory. But that becomes major pain if you have more and / or changing groups. You would have to export groups and then import them as recipients every time as part of running the task.

BR,

Matus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Matus,

I thought, that concat(group) contains only the selected value for each cycle value...

but I suppose that it es calculated once for the task...

I talk about >100  dynamic cycle values. So the manual way via filter is not really an option...

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Not necessarily manual - it can be fully automated.

You can export recipients with corresponding filters and then import them to nprinting.

Recipients need to be in one group and you then add that group to the report task.

At the end you will have a job with 3 tasks - export recipients, import recipients, run reports.

You can find more info here QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - Recipients & Users

It's probably best if you can put them into one directory though

Matus