cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sashimisan77
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude current row dimension from TOTAL expression in a table

I am working on an application comparing performance of employees to a group of peers in a table. Each row is dimensioned by the employee and contains a compliance rate SUM(numerator)/SUM(denominator) and is being compared to SUM(TOTAL numerator)/SUM(TOTAL denominator). However, this compares the employee compliance rate to the group's compliance rate including the employee in the current row. I would like to compare the employee to the group excluding the employee in the current row.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sashimisan77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have found a solution. Much simpler than I expected. I was overthinking it as usual.

To calculate the sum of all rows other than the current row, subtract the current row sum from the TOTAL sum.

So for my question as example:

(SUM(TOTAL Numerator) - SUM(Numerator)) / (SUM(TOTAL Denominator) - SUM() Denominator)

This will give the aggregated compliance rate of all employees other than the current row employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

can you add more details about the expected output ? like a screen shot of your table ? of your data structure ?

sashimisan77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

scrnsht.png

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Can you share the source file ? or at least some rows ?

sashimisan77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The employee data is confidential and cannot be shared. I have attached a blinded basic application.

sashimisan77
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have found a solution. Much simpler than I expected. I was overthinking it as usual.

To calculate the sum of all rows other than the current row, subtract the current row sum from the TOTAL sum.

So for my question as example:

(SUM(TOTAL Numerator) - SUM(Numerator)) / (SUM(TOTAL Denominator) - SUM() Denominator)

This will give the aggregated compliance rate of all employees other than the current row employee.