Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marley1978
Contributor III
Contributor III

Counts Showing Incorrectly in charts

I have a measure where I use an expression of

Count ({< [Term] = {'Yes'}, [Term Reason] -= {'Unknown'}>} EmployeeID)

When I use this in a pivot table and group by YearMonth I get a total of 791 records which is correct.

When I use the same expression in a KPI I get 784 records.  Looks like its removing duplicate employeeIDs.  Duplicate records can occur since an employee can be termed more than once in a given period.

I am not sure what is going on since I am using the same master measure in both types of charts.

Any ideas why it would do this?

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you sure that you are not using DISTINCT in the expression by any chance?

marley1978
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am not.  That is why I am confused.   The expression is exactly as I have in my post.

sunny_talwar

What happens when you use this as a measure directly in the chart rather than using it as a master measure? Does it still behave the same way?

OmarBenSalem

What happens if u use :

if([Term] = {'Yes'} and[Term Reason] <> {'Unknown'},Count ( EmployeeID) )

marley1978
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

how do I do that?

sunny_talwar

Wherever you are using the master measure, can't you really replace that with the measure itself? I am new to Qlik Sense, so don't really know how it works... but may be omarbensalem‌ might be able to help better on this

marley1978
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I copied that and it says there is an error in the expression

')' is expected

marley1978
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I added the measure without using the master item and same results

sunny_talwar

One way to resolve this would be to try this

Sum(Aggr(Count ({< [Term] = {'Yes'}, [Term Reason] -= {'Unknown'}>} EmployeeID), YearMonth))

but even it works, that would still not explain why it doesn't work in the first place