1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 19, 2018 6:50 AM by Eliran Sanor RSS

How can I create a story with different filters applied to multiple embedded sheets?

Katie Raudenbush

Hi all!

Please forgive me, I'm a beginner! I would like to create a story based off of the sheet below. I want slide 1 to have the 1st filter applied, slide 2 to have 2nd, etc etc. for all 70 "Mll Query" filter options. I can't just take screenshots because the data will be updating frequently, so I need to create embedded sheets that apply specific filters every time. What I am finding is that when a filter is changed, all graphs have the new filter applied to them. Really appreciate any help you can provide!

Best,

Katie

qlik.PNG

• Re: How can I create a story with different filters applied to multiple embedded sheets?
          Eliran Sanor

Hi Katie,

I'm not sure I fully understand your use case, but i'll try.

What you can't do in story (at least for now) :

• apply different filters each time you open a story
          • cycle a specific filter on a sheet inside a story

Taking that into consideration, Story won't help you achieve your goal.

Maybe design a sheet, and print the whole page, after you make selections.

It's not ideal, and very tedious work, but I don't see any other way to achieve what you want.

By the way, in Qlikview, you have the option for a Report, that can do the above, so I hope Qlik will work on that in Sense as well.

BR,

Eliran.