Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Row Captions as a dimension

Dear Qlik community,

I am facing a problim with displaying a pie (or donut chart) in Qlik Sense and hope one of you can help me out:

My table looks like this

Part name  Vendor  
Material Price 
Production Cost   OverheadMargin
Coffe binA11523
GlassB12614
SpoonC13312
PlateD11415
KnifeE12722

In my first table I select the Part name. For example the Coffee bin. Now I want to display a pie chart after this selection, which spits out the price teardown. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do that.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thank you so much!

Tobias

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use The Crosstable Load to transform all your costs into a single cost column....

sunny_talwar

Check attached

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Sunny,

thank you so much! This is exactly what I Need. I now understand the data Format I have to feed into Qlik to reach this  result. Unfortunately I still do not understand how to use the load function in the Syntax. I checked your code and it seems to me you typed every agrument manually....which surely is not the case:

CrossTable(Cost_Type, Cost, 2)

LOAD * INLINE [

Part name , Vendor  , Material Price , Production Cost  , Overhead, Margin

Coffe bin, A, 11, 5, 2, 3

Glass, B, 12, 6, 1, 4

Spoon, C, 13, 3, 1, 2

Plate, D, 11, 4, 1, 5

Knife, E, 12, 7, 2, 2

In this code you already refer to new Collum designations as Cost_Type. I still do not see where those are introduced and linked to the original table.

The help until here is already highly aprreciated! If you can give me further hints I would be very happy!

Thank you so much!

Tobias

sunny_talwar

So, all you need is to do like this

CrossTable(Cost_Type, Cost, 2)

LOAD ...

FROM ....;

Look here on how The Crosstable Load works