Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Select scenario - RandomFromAll option throwing errors.

I created a script that will open a sheet -> select one or more options from a list box. For the selection I configured the parameters as

type - RandomFromAll -> Min 1 and Max 5  (there is only one dimension and is set to 0 as it is a list box).

When I run the script it executes fine for all steps except for selection from the list. The result file has the following error.

ERROR Invalid parameters [8]:Invalid parameters()

When I use the other options like SelectPossible it works fine.

Any suggestions on how to fix this error?

A note here is - the list box may not have up to 5 values depends on the user account configured for the test.Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The log file you provided does not have this error, it instead has an error which points to access for the users not setup correctly:

Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType

A note here is - the list box may not have up to 5 values depends on the user account configured for the test.

This sounds like you have section access? RandomFromAll will randomize between all possible values in the symbol table, thus trying to select values not accessible by the user, which will fail.

See documentation:

• RandomFromAll – This will randomize selections amongst all values in an object regardless if they are enabled (white, light grey, green) or disabled (dark grey). Note that this method should never be used on the Qlik Sense apps with Section Access.

If this is the case, please use RandomFromEnabled instead.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The log file you provided does not have this error, it instead has an error which points to access for the users not setup correctly:

Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType

A note here is - the list box may not have up to 5 values depends on the user account configured for the test.

This sounds like you have section access? RandomFromAll will randomize between all possible values in the symbol table, thus trying to select values not accessible by the user, which will fail.

See documentation:

• RandomFromAll – This will randomize selections amongst all values in an object regardless if they are enabled (white, light grey, green) or disabled (dark grey). Note that this method should never be used on the Qlik Sense apps with Section Access.

If this is the case, please use RandomFromEnabled instead.

naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Daniel,

(sorry for the incorrect attachment)

Thank you so much.

Yes, it is because of section access. I changed it to RandomFromEnabled and the scripts runs fine now. Thanks a lot Daniel.