Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
José_Espinoza
Partner - Contributor III

Filter dimension to show only values based on a formula

Hi there,

Previously (here Re: count stores that don't reach 80% sales goal‌), I asked how to show the number of Stores that didn't reach the sales goal, I was just counting them.

But now I need a filter to, for example, show in a graphic or a table each store that didn't reach the goal. Can that be done with the default master items in Sense? What I aim for is to have a graphic/table with every Store loaded, I press this button/filter and automatically shows the stores who didn't reach the goal. I don't know if I need extensions for this...

Sorry if I'm being too vague about my issue, but I'm just getting into Sense and Qlik in general.

4 Replies
jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

You can create a dimension and use it as a filter. For example

IF((Sales Amount / Budget)>=0.8, 'Meet Target', 'Didn't meet Target')

Then, create an object that would display the stores. You can use Add-ons to  show the content of the object when 'Didn't meet Target' is selected.

Extension can also help you to display the Select object as a button instead of filter.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you can create a calculated dimension in master items as below:

=Aggr( if( Sum([Sales Amount])/Sum([Sales Amount Planned]) < 0.8, Shop, null() ), Shop )

finally use it as dimension in your chart object and untick "Include null values" option.

José_Espinoza
Author

I tried something like that but with a measure:

aggr(if(sum( [Sales Amount])/sum( [Sales Amount Planned])<0.8,1), Shop)

And both that and your suggestion work well (yours better, of course), but I do need some sort of button to make the filter. Why? Because later on I'll need to add other buttons with different special filters that will work on top of every other filter, and the graph/table will change according to each selection. I don't know if that was clear enough, but think of something like this: I'll first use this 80% filter button to show stores who didn't reach the desired threshold, then I'll use another button to show which of those shops sold less, or maybe I now want to show stores that surpassed the 80% threshold, and so on.

That's why I need each of those to be a separate button, and that's why I was wondering if there's an extension to make this easier. Because it seems the default master items won't do.

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Try SimpleFieldSelect or Variable Extension