1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 9:48 AM by Dennis Hoogenboom RSS

[POC] Dynamic columns + custom table shape

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a proof of concept, and for pointers that could help me find a way to build a particular table, using QV10.

Could an experienced QV user look at the following table, and tell me if it is something feasable?

Please note that :

- The number of columns is entirely dynamic and depends on the number of rows into a database table

- The last two columns of the array are the same whatever the database table contains (they are subtotals and totals)

- The labels of the rows are "hard coded" (at the left end of the table), the content of the table comes from calculations (sums of fields)

- As you might see on the screenshot, it's a kind of "pivot table", including vertical and horizontal "groups"

3tab.png

(I am sorry, I had to hide the name of the fields - it's corporate related and cannot be disclosed)

Could someone tell me if it is something feasable under qlikview? I don't manage to come up with a way to have static rows and dynamic columns. And I don't manage to build that particular "groups" (the first two columns of the table on the left).

I am happy with every pointers that could be helpful (pages of manuals, videos, articles, advices..)

Thank you in advance,

Julian