Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallacechen
Creator
Creator

will data used for geoanalytics somehow "public" to the default cloud?

Hi,

wondering if  data used for geoanalytics  somehow "public" to the default cloud as I  see map1.GIFmap2.GIF

9 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Wallace,

The built in map chart in Sense cloud are being improved with GeoAnalytics, so yes some functionality is coming that way.

Or do you mean if any private data is shared with cloud? If so no, see here for more details:

http://bi.idevio.com/wp-content/qlik/qliksense/releases/IdevioMapsForQlikSense-5.10.5/user_guide-Feb...

Thanks,

Patric

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Patric,

Thanks for your always very useful answers.

I have some extent questions. If we use Qlik GeoAnalytics Server how it associates with Qlikview server Qlikview publisher/Qlikview Nprinting , Qlikview management console  build up on an on-promise server? 

Thanks ,

Wallace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wallace,

QGA server works the same with both QlikView server and Qlik Sense, though unless you are an existing QlikView customer I'd struggle to find a reason why you wouldn't use Qlik Sense. Basically there is no interaction at the server level, i.e. nothing to configure in QlikView server (you won't see it in QlikView or Qlik Sense QMC), it is all configured in the extension objects. QGA doesn't affect any publisher functionality however the extensions don't work in NPrinting. In Qlik Sense the new mapping object should go some way to addressing this issue from later this month (hopefully).

Cheers,

Rod

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

You are right, we are using qlikview. Does it mean qlikview server has the same functionalities as qlikview publisher ? Is the only different thing  qlikivew server is on server with some server manners but qlikview publisher is on local desktop?   I saw some instructions actually we can have a combination of qlikview server and publisher in the qlik architecture for different purposes. Do you know what are the benefits of using both qlikview publisher and qlikview server together for dashboard?

Thanks ,

Wallace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publisher is an add-on to QlikView server that gives you added functionality for scheduling the load of QlikView files and distributing them. It enables you to do things such as "loop and reduce" for example. Publisher is not available as a desktop product. This discussion might help you with understanding further: What is the use of QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher?

Cheers,

Rod

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

My bad. I think I confused myself between qlikview publisher and qlikview personal editor. So are we also able to developboard using qlikview server with adding on extension funtuonities?

Thanks 

Wallace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wallace,

No problem. Yes, you install the extensions on the QlikView server so that they will work in published apps and are also available for use by users who have permission to self-service creation of new content in an app.

Cheers,

Rod

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the swift reply.

But from this discussion, Script Editor Setting in Qlikview Server | Qlik Community it looks some limitations using Qlikview sever alone for dashboard development? It seems not able to edit and using script for further edition  as desktop version? So before publishing app, do we need to use desktop version to come out the dashboard app first and then put it to qlikview server and then publish the app. Afterward, using qmc to grant users to access and able to edit  the app on the browser basis on promise server?

Thanks 

Wallace

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's correct Wallace, you can't use QlikView server alone. You have to develop your apps with QlikView desktop and then publish to the server as you've described, from there you can schedule reloads and administer user access. There's no access to scripting on the server but users can create new charts in an app if they have the right level of access.

With Qlik Sense this is a simpler process as there's no need for a desktop product, you can do everything on the server with the full life-cycle supported via a web browser interface. Your local Qlik sales team or Qlik partner / reseller should be able to assist by demonstrating the QlikView lifecycle to you.

Cheers,

Rod