cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limiting data at the data load editor level

Hi guys!

I have a question. Let's assume that in Qlik Sense I have the model as in the attachment (simple, for example). In each of the tables I would like to make a restriction.

For example for a product: only in group 31 (Group = 31) and heavier than 5 kg (weight> 5).

For a time: between 1 Febr 2018 and 15 Mar 2018.

For a customer: only from Czech (Country = 'Czech')

I would like to do all this at the load editor level.

I would like the final model (including sales data) to be limited to the data that meet the individual conditions.

How should I do it?

3 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

Add a where clause in your script

For example :

product :

Load

ProductNo,

Group,

Weight,

From ...

Where Group=31 and Weight>5;

Do the same for all your table where data need to be filtered

See

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/Filter-data.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the advice!

But...Will it not be that if I use the where clause (for example in a product), then the sales will be fully loaded anyway?

I would like to limit the product, the customer, etc. But at the same time load the sale without those things that I have limited.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think the tables Product, Customer and Time has a 1:n relationship to table Sales.

So I would load in the first step the whole table Sales and LEFT JOIN the missing information from the other 3 tables, which are need for filter, into this Sales table. In the next step I filter this Sales table, remove the base table with all records. So that I have a Sales table only with the records I want have. Maybe remove the fields I Joined before into the table.

In the las step I load the 3 tables Product, Customer and Time, If I don’t want have all Products, Customer,.. I will reduce the data amount during load with the EXIST condition.

This is the way I want do it, but maybe an easier way exist.