Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdave
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense deployment with AWS RDS PostgreSQL

Hello All,

We have been evaluating option to use AWS RDS PostgreSQL (Currently 9.6) as dedicated database for Qlik Sense.

As of now our architecture is already on AWS EC2 instances, however postgreSQL is installed with Central Node itself, So Our Central node is becoming a Single Point of Failure which we want to avoid as we move for Highly Available Environment for Qlik Sense.

Even though Qlik provides Failover for Central nodes, there is dependency on Repo DB i.e. Repo DB has to be available for Failover to happen on another Failover candidate server.

I hope if some of you who have already implemented QlikSense on AWS can help with their experience.

Few Questions:

• Your recommendations if any for QlikSense environment setup with PostgreSQL on Amazon RDS?
  • What are System Requirements for installing PostgreSQL on dedicated nodes or Amazon RDS? How version upgrades should be handled when PostgreSQL is on dedicated nodes/Amazon RDS?
  • What users (sa_) are required  if any, to be created for communication between QlikSense and PostgreSQL DB installed on dedicated nodes/Amazon RDS?

• Will QlikSense work with AWS RDS  Aurora PostgreSQL (, which is PostgreSQL Compatible enterprise class Database) instead AWS RDS postgreSQL itself?

Appreciate your  kind response.

Regards

Ravi

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few Questions:

• Your recommendations if any for QlikSense environment setup with PostgreSQL on Amazon RDS?

-- Yes , you can use Amazon postgres rds .

• What are System Requirements for installing PostgreSQL on dedicated nodes or Amazon RDS? How version upgrades should be handled when PostgreSQL is on dedicated nodes/Amazon RDS?

---- version upgrade I choose is just minor upgrade and Instance type M4.2xlarge

• What users (sa_) are required  if any, to be created for communication between QlikSense and PostgreSQL DB installed on dedicated nodes/Amazon RDS?

--- dont have to create any new, we used the service account user for local as well as dedicated amazon RDS

• Will QlikSense work with AWS RDS  Aurora PostgreSQL (, which is PostgreSQL Compatible enterprise class Database) instead of AWS RDS postgreSQL itself?

---- you can try with aurora too as has more advantages. I tried with the cluster as the endpoint

niraj8241
Contributor II
Contributor II

Were you ever got this working? I am trying to create a dump of my existing local Postgres install and restore in AWS RDS. But seems like I am unable to do so. The restore just fails with some permissions issue or other Postgres errors.