3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2011 1:48 PM by Deepak Vadithala RSS

add column while loading

Hi all,

I just started working with Qlikview and do have a simple table (three columns) to load.

I don't know if there is a way to do this, but that's why I ask for you help.

The table I use has rows which are identical.

Since I need to be able to have all rows (including identical rows) and want to link this table to another table (with the same amounth of rows offcourse). 

So I thought to add a column with an ID. There is going to be added once in a while a few thousands of rows so I don't want to do this by hand and don't want to have to lookup which ID's are used and which aren't. Thus I prefer to add a column with an automaticaly generated ID.

I think the solution I am looking for looks very much like this: http://community.qlik.com/message/63485#63485

I hope someone can help me.

• Re: add column while loading
          Deepak Vadithala

Hi,

How about using RecNo() function in the load script and alias the column name. Please find the explanation below...

RecNo( )

Returns an integer for the number of the currently read row of the

input table. The first record is number 1.

Thanks,

DV

• Re: add column while loading

Thanks DV,

This is exactly what I was looking for and lets me have all the (not any more) identical rows

Now I tried to apply this to a crosstable in two ways and both don't work;

1. Crosstable( Vraagnummer, Antwoorden ) LOAD Date(Datum) as Datum, 'ANTW'&RecNo() as AntwoordID,

(several columns)

FROM...... table location etc.

2. Crosstable( Vraagnummer, Antwoorden,  'ANTW'&RecNo() as AntwoordID ) LOAD Date(Datum) as Datum,

(several columns)

FROM...... table location etc.

How can I make a table with a column 'AntwoordID', 'Datum', 'Vraagnummer' and a (crosstable)column 'Antwoorden'?