Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which external service makes the route calculations?

We have an issue with some origin-destination routes that the GA Connector is calculating. There are some routes that are not correctly mapped in OpenStreetMap, and instead of taking the logic shortcut, the system returns an extremely long diversion to reach the destination.

Thinking that correcting it on OpenStreetMap would solve the issue, I have mapped the street properly in that service. Now in the Openstreetmap web that route is being correctly calculated, BUT in GeoAnalytics connector is still using the diversion.

I would appreciate any information about which external service performes the calculation, and which are the options in these situations.

Thanks in advanced!

Iosu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Losu,

The calculations are made by Qliks own routing engine on OpenStreetMap data.

So that is the correct way of updating, going to the source and fix the error.

We aim to do data extraction from OSM twice a year, so your fix will hit our routing when we update the routing information.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Losu,

The calculations are made by Qliks own routing engine on OpenStreetMap data.

So that is the correct way of updating, going to the source and fix the error.

We aim to do data extraction from OSM twice a year, so your fix will hit our routing when we update the routing information.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Understood Patric. Then we'll have to wait until the updating.

I assume that the data extraction from OSM is not scheduled and we cannot know when is going to happen, right?

Thanks for your help!

iosu