4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2018 10:46 PM by mano dev RSS

How to do Vertical Concatenation of two fields to make one in Qlik Sense?

mano dev

Hi,

I am trying to concatenate  first_name with last_name in vertical direction.

so  i want to  display in following way

first_name                    last_name                         Full_mane

Qlik                               Sense                               Qlik

Sense

Thanks

• Re: How to do Vertical Concatenation of two fields to make one in Qlik Sense?
          Sunny Talwar

May be like this

first_name & Chr(10) & last_name as full_name

• Re: How to do Vertical Concatenation of two fields to make one in Qlik Sense?
              mano dev

Thanks for quick response.

Actually Chr(10)/Chr(13) not working in a table as it works in Excel. Though I use these line break functions its concatenating horizontally. I used like following in scripting.

Script: first_name & Chr(10) & last_name as Full_name

first_name                    last_name                 Full_name        Expected Output

Qlik                               Sense                          QlikSense      Qlik

Sense

chay                            veer                             chayveer           chay

veer

I applied same formula in excel and did word wrap then I got the desired output in Excel. But when I  loaded same data source to qlik its again the output is horizontal concatenation. Is there any alternatives to show like desired output in table ?