Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roisolberg
Creator
Creator

Store to a file in FTP folder

Hi All,

I succeded to create a data connection to a FTP folder, however i can't figure out what is the exact syntax in order to save a new file in the FTP folder by using STORE command in the data load editor script.

The data connection the I have defined is accordingly:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@URL/FOLDERNAME/

I've used the following Store command (Note that i've used variables in the file name): \

Store InventoryStaticDailyReport into "lib://FTPFOLDERNAME/FILENAME_$(vDate)_$(vTime).csv"(txt, delimiter is '|');

I'm getting the following error:

Cannot open file: 'lib://FTPFOLDERNAME/FILENAME_20180412_1639.csv': Store InventoryStaticDailyReport into "lib://FTPFOLDERNAME/FILENAME_20180412_1639.csv"(txt, delimiter is '|')

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am pretty sure that STORE doesn't support FTP: only regular Windows file specification....

However the separately installed Qlik Web Connectors do support uploading files:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Data-Source-Connectors...

It is included as a standard connector which would mean that it is free.

roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your replay Peter,

I've installed the web connectors and tryed the SFTPUploadFile function in sevral ways but with no success.

the information i filled is as follow:

Host - The FTP URL

Port - 21

Username and password for the SFTP

Source File - my CSV file (C:\Qlik...)

Remote Path -  the path i want to save to (inside the FTP folder)

i am getting the following error:

"There was an error running the table (Hostname is invalid. Parameter name: serverName)"

The host name should be the FTP URL, correct?

Thanks!