Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallacechen
Creator
Creator

How to develop pivot table that you can expand it vertically not horizontally ?

Hi ,

I tried and see example as attached qvw. It is all expand qlikview pivot table horizontally to drill down different variables.

Is it possible we can expand qlikview pivot table VERTICALLY to drill down different variables as follows:

expand vertically.PNG

Thanks,

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

The idea is that for example initially only show material variable in first column and first row with its value in second columns with rows onward , and then when you click + next to material in the same column. Material this column will be split from one row into multiple rows for material and models.  so it will become

in first column and first row is material. in first column and 2nd , 3rd rows are model A and Model B under material.

second column with rows will be values for material (aggregation of model A and model B) and Model A and Model B and so on so forth.

So is it possible pivot table object has this functionality in qlikivew ?

Thanks ,

Wallace 

marcus_sommer

You could use a pivot in QlikView to display these informations but I don't think you could get this layout like in your screenshot within a pivot.

You might get a bit near to this kind of tree-structure if you offset each lower level with a few spaces like it's often done in balance-charts and then controlling their visibility over your selections but the efforts for it would probably quite expensive and I'm not sure that the result wouldn't have one or two disadvantages and would satisfy your aim in the end. Therefore I suggest to find other views for it and maybe there which with a better readability like this from your screenshot.

- Marcus