Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis - dimension less than another dimension

I have sales data for multiple years and I am trying to build a P&L type format with current year in one column and prior year in another.  For the current year, I only have sales up through the current period, but for last year I have a full year worth of sales.  So for last year's sales, I am trying to limit them to only go through the current period.

Here is the portion of the formula I am using for the last year's sales:

if(rptColumnPeriod ='Last Year', Sum({<Account2={'Food Sales'}, Account1=,  FY=P([Last Year]), Period={"<=CP"}>} Amount)*-1,

Period is dimension for our operating periods (1-13).  The table for sales includes this field.

CP is the a dimension for the current operating period.

If I remove the Period={"<=CP"} portion of the formula, I get the full years sales.  If I include it, I am getting 0 sales.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

CP is the field name , if you try to use like below in SET analysis , it doesn;t interpret as field and treats as some text.

So it's resulting to 0.

if(rptColumnPeriod ='Last Year', Sum({<Account2={'Food Sales'}, Account1=,  FY=P([Last Year]), Period={"<=CP"}>} Amount)*-1,

try something like this..

if(rptColumnPeriod ='Last Year', Sum({<Account2={'Food Sales'}, Account1=,  FY=P([Last Year]),

Period={"$(='>=' & CP)"}

>}

Amount)*-1,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

would you be able to share your table structure/model/sample app/sample data ?

nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not sure how to easily do that.  It has approx 21 different tables and about 15 million records.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

try to attach some lines/Image of these fields (to see the values and the data structure)

rptColumnPeriod, FY, Last Year, Period

ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

CP is the field name , if you try to use like below in SET analysis , it doesn;t interpret as field and treats as some text.

So it's resulting to 0.

try something like this..

if(rptColumnPeriod ='Last Year', Sum({<Account2={'Food Sales'}, Account1=,  FY=P([Last Year]),

Period={"$(='>=' & CP)"}

>}

Amount)*-1,

nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That worked!  Awesome, thanks!  I have run into this before and now I know why it didn't work.