Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with calculating number of days between today's date and last transaction

I am a newbie.

I am trying to get number of days between today's date and transaction date. Can someone please help me fix expression below.

=date((date('today's date')-date('[CustomerImportantDates.Last Invoiced Date]')),'DD')

4 Replies
campbellr
Creator
Creator

Hi Muhammad

The problem with using the date() function with 'DD' as a format is you're returning a date and showing the day proportion, so today() = 19 April 2018. if your last invoiced date was 1 March then the difference you're looking for is 49 but the resultant date of 49 is 17 as the date difference will then be converted to a date = 17th February and the 'DD' makes it show the 17. Instead you want to use num() to return the number of days between the dates.

The format of '#.' will force a whole number. using '#' may get displayed as scientific notation. Also if your invoice date is a datetime field you will get fractional portion to the result.

If you have a last invoiced date

Give this a try:

=num((today()-date('[CustomerImportantDates.Last Invoiced Date]')),'#.')

if you just have a date field you can refer to try:

=num(today()-max([Invoice Date]),'#.')

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

=NetWorkDays(Date(Today()),Date([CustomerImportantDates.Last Invoiced Date]))

OR

=Interval(Date(Today())-Date([CustomerImportantDates.Last Invoiced Date]),'DD')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Is your date format of lastInvoicedDate is same as Today() dateformat. If yes, you can just use

= Date(Today(), 'MM/DD/YYYY') - Date(LastInvoicedDate, 'MM/DD/YYYY')

OR

= Interval(Date(Today(), 'MM/DD/YYYY') - Date(LastInvoicedDate, 'MM/DD/YYYY'), 'DD')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Everyone,

Following did the trick. Thanks everyone for the help.

=Num#(Date(Today())-Date([CustomerImportantDates.Last Invoiced Date]),'#.')