Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrislemm
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Section Access Security in NPrinting with Qlik Sense

Dear Qlik Community,

we have a customer who is using Qlik Sense (Feb. 18) and NPrinting (Feb. 18). To implement their security rules we decided to implement section access. Everything works fine. The customer now wants to start building NPrinting Reports out of their apps, including the section access.

They have many users who work with Qlik Sense (only analysing their data (no access to other information)) and only a few users are real administrator users, who are allowed to see the complete data inside an app.

I taught the customer how to build reports using NPrinting etc. and while explaining I received a question I could not answer.

When adding a connection to an app in NPrinting, you can choose to use Section Access and provide a DOMAIN\USER to access the app/qlik sense hub.

ssqlik.png

The question I got, which I have to ask you guys, is:

"Can a normal NPrinting User decide whether or not to use section access or can he provide DOMAIN\User-Information from an admin-User and bypass the implemented section access in the qlik sense app?".

So I am asking you: Can you do that? How can we prevent this? The customer wants user to create reports in NPrinting.

Thank you in advance

0 Replies