Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

Error when importing reports: "No matching connections. Check log files for details."

Hi,

I am trying to import an NPrinting report template but I get the message "No matching connections. Check log files for details." in the Connections page of the import wizard.

These are the things I have done before exporting:

• Checked data connections work by verifying
  • Reload metadata
  • Preview the report and ensure it runs (it does)

I want to export and import the report so I can copy the report for another filtered version.

Why do I get the "No matching connections. Check log files for details." message still? And more importantly, how do I fix it?

We have version November 2017.

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Michael,

Are you following steps when exporting report like in this topic:

Nprinting Feb 2018 Create html report template

During Import process it should prompt you to match connections....

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
parth453
Contributor
Contributor

We are facing the same Issue. It seems like nPrinting is not recognizing the variables when there is no data in those Variables in the Source.

Are you using any Variables for Dynamic Report naming or Cycles?

If Yes, then you will have to disable both in your first environment (in Reports Section), then export report and Import into new environment.

This way you will be able to import the report but wont be able to use variables for Dynamic Naming.

This is still and issue.

Note: If you are still facing the issue while importing, then please check the nPrinting webengine logs for headways.

Please let me know if you find any other solid solution.

Parth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Had the same issue but resolved it by removing unwanted objects (images, tables) from here Capture.JPG

I had few unwanted objects here which did not match with my new connection. On removal it got imported just fine.

Hope it helps.

Peace!

sjcuthbertson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi all,

Also been having the same problem - this other thread might be helpful, at least in some cases: Importing NPrinting template to new report sharing the same connection

HTH,

Stuart