cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview task failed in QMC, but executed successfully in desktop

Hi Guys,

I had an issue like, if the job is executed from QMC it got failed but executed successfully in QV desktop.

So, I checked the log file and it showed this error message - "EmpID" field wasn't found. But this field was present in the source. So, I checked the script code again and found a field name mentioned like this - Experience[Years].

I changed that field name from Experience[Years] into Experience and tried to execute in QMC. Then it was executed successfully in QMC also.

Now, I need to know why this code was working in desktop but not in QMC - Can any of you guys explain the root cause of this issue?Somehow I managed to solve this issue, but I',m unable to find the exact root cause, please help.

Regards,

Siva.

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

it could be simply because the loaded data at that same was not the same between the one loaded on the desktop and the one loaded on the QMC..

what is your source type ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i also experience the same

from my observation

if i do full data load on the qmc it works fine while the succeeding incremental loads will fail..

but full data load and incremental data load in desktop has no issue..

in the document log, my error was on drop table line saying "table '' does not exists, however in desktop it is okay.

i have read an answer somewhere that

1) potentially it takes too long or too huge or some license issue

2) you dont have appropriate permission to delete or update the qvd in the server...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, Youssef. I'm using a CSV file as source.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

did you verify that your csv desktop copy and the server copy are exactly the same ?

also, did you verify that the script is exactly the same ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I verified - both are same files.