Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmielsch
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Data Concierge on Sense - Variable entry

Hello all,

i am going to test the QDC (Data Concierge on SAP BW) with Qlik Sense February 2018.

Currently i am having some issues which seems to prevent a productive usage.

1. almost every BEX query in my environment is having fiscal characteristics as filter variables (e.g. fiscal year, fiscal period)

some of this queries are already used successful in qlikview Environment with sap connector 6.5.1

if i am chosing one of this queries as source for the QDC it is not easy to put variable values

a. only the "low-value" is written as variable to the load script

b. in 9 of 10 cases the "high-value" is not written to the variable dialog

c. if yes, normally the "high-value" is not written as a variable to the load script but as Parameter to the SQL part

d. the Dependence between fiscal variant and fiscal period is not known (not as in qlik view area where it works fine!)

this Points lead to the Situation that the generated app always has no data Content until the load script is fixed manually and a  

reload was triggered. This makes it not useful for a normal Business user without programming knowledge!

Does anybody have experience with it or similar cases and can tell me how to fix it?

2. to have Access rules from SAP it is a must to implement one data Connection per user and SAP System.

because of the normal time dependence for Passwords validity the Connections Needs to be updated every x days with new

Passwords, which should not be allowed for normal Business users also.

Is there any possibility of a single-sign-on or something else useful?

Best regards

Frank

0 Replies