I am new to Object Modeling and have an issue i need advice on:
I have a list of Contacts in my object model stored in a Contact Table (ContactId, Name, Birthday).
I want to use a reference to the contactId in many other areas of the object model
- I have a table that holds Accounts (AccountId, Name)
- I have table that holds Assets (AssetId, Name, Value)
- Accounts have Shareholders that are Contacts(ContactId)
- Assets are by owned by one or many Accounts (AccountId) or one or many Contacts (ContactId)
- Assets are managed one Management Company
- A Management Company can be managed by one or many Contacts (ContactId)
In my QLik Dashboard, I ultimately want to be able to consolidate when i select a contact , what assets they own directly or via one or many accounts and what they manage via a Management company.
I am in the process of drawing this in Excel and am here:
- I created a contact Table (ContactID, Contact Name, Birthday)
- I created an Asset Table (AssetID, Asset Name, Value, MgtCoID)
- I created an Account Table (AccountID, Account Name) and an AccountAssetOwnership Mapping Table (AccountID, AssetID, Ownership%) . In order to reflect that individuals can own an asset, I created "individual" accounts for each individual. There can be more than one account co-owning the same asset.
- I created an AccountContactMapping Table (ContactID, AccountID). A contact can own multiple Accounts (eg their own indivisual account and they sharehold of a company account)
With this i can get to what every contact owns directly or via an account.
How do i add my management company manager link ? I am getting stuck.
- I created a table to store all management companies (MgtCoID, Management Company Name)
- If i add a MgtCompany Manager Mapping Table (MgtCoID, ContactID) then I create a circular reference
- Should I add the MgtCo as accounts in my Accounts Table and create a "function" column in the AccountAsset Mapping Table with two types "Owns" or "Manages". But then how do i add the link to say that Contacts manage a MgtCompany?
Any Help very appreciated. My head is spinning. H