Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SAP Report Connector - Large, Mutlipage Report

Hello Community Members,

I have the need to pull a large report into Qlik from SAP.  I have been successful in making the connection and getting data, however, I am only able to retrieve the first page of data.  The report runs for a really long time, like it is pulling multiple pages and when I run the same variant in SAP I can see all the pages.  But the connector only renders the first page.

Has anyone come acorss this issue yet?  If so, how did you resolve this?  Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

9 Replies
Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Jason,

Which Qlik SAP Report Connector version are you running? Can you attach the connector log from this job?

They can be found under: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Log

Thanks,

Tomas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I was mistaken in my error and now have the connector working perfectly.

I do however, have another question.  Do you know of a way to do an incremental load?  I will be pulling weeks worth of data at a time and refreshing daily.  I want to be able to account for any changes without duplicating records.

Thanks.

Jason

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Hi Jason,

Good news that it's working now.   About the incremental load: there's no functionality in the connector to handle that feature. It may be possible for you to create a variant of your report to dynamically handle date intervals. (This will involve some ABAP coding)

Best regards,

Tomas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply Thomas.  It was very insightful.  Another question I have now, after working with the connector for over a week is this:  Is there a way to have the connector dynamically set field lengths?  The reason I ask is that I ran the report last week and it worked fine.  This week when I ran it, the field lengths for my order and ship quantities were different.  Last week there was a line where those values were both 1,000 and this week the maximum value was only 400.  As a result, my report run failed because the positioning was off by 2 characters.  Do you have any experience with this issue?  Any insights you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Yes, there is a check box in the select dialog, see red dot in image below:

AutoDetect.PNG

Please note that the feature may be unavailable on some reports, depending on the internal format of the report.

If checked, the connector will automatically calculate the width each time the job is run.

Hope this helps,

Tomas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thomas you are a genius   You saved my life.  The connector has been working great and the data is being used in a new dashboard.  Thank you so much for your assistance.  This saved me countless hours of development work just by utilizing this connector.

Tomas_Sommergyll
Employee
Employee

Jason, thank you for the feedback, it really made my day! 

Br,

Tomas

RK_JPR_RAJ
Contributor
Contributor

but in my case not all field is comming, , can you please tell me why qlk is extracting only limited fields, not all of them which is available in SAP Report program

RK_JPR_RAJ
Contributor
Contributor

finally i figured out that problem lays in source data only, 

thanks any ways