3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2011 1:30 AM by Jeroen Vuurens RSS

Macro for From Date To Date Selection

Anand Chouhan

Hi All,

I have a query in that i have a three types of date which are in date format and there is different pivot charts for each dates i use calender object to select

From Date to To Date . But problem is that when i select From Date then all the values get effective in all pivot charts but i dont want that i make on button and apply a macro on that to get effective From Date to To Date in all pivot charts because in charts i use condition from date and to date variable.

Please provide help for that.

Hi all

i tried that but i attach a small app for demo what i want please check and revert me with updates.

Anand,

• Macro for From Date To Date Selection

Well, what you could do is create a duplicate table with selectable_from_date-s to use as a select field. In the chart where you want to use the selectable_from_date, you modify the expression like:

Count({$<from_date=selectable_from_date>} id)

In other charts you would refer to other selectable fields. Because the field selectors are not connected to your data table, it doesn't affect other charts.

Does that help?

Jeroen

Anand Chouhan

Hi Jeroen

Thanks for the suggestion please explain with any small example.

Regards

DATE:
                  LOAD * INLINE [
                  id, from_date, to_date, create_date
                  1, 1/1/2011, 2/2/2011, 3/3/2011
                  2, 1/1/2011, 3/3/2011, 4/4/2011
                  3, 2/2/2011, 3/3/2011, 3/3/2011
                  4, 4/4/2011, 4/4/2011, 5/5/2011];

LOAD DISTINCT from_date as selectable_from_date RESIDENT DATE;
                  LOAD DISTINCT to_date as selectable_to_date RESIDENT DATE;
                  LOAD DISTINCT create_date as selectable_create_date RESIDENT DATE;

And then create select fields for selectable_from_date, selectable_to_date and selectable_create_date. In your graphs, refer to the selection you want to use by for instance using

Count( {$<from_date=selectable_from_date>} id )