Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Color by measure (for calculated measure)

I am new to Qlik Sense, but an experienced Tableau user (among other tools). I am having a difficult time understanding colors. I have a bar chart with two measures for a single dimension. One measures is a calculated field, for I am limiting my data to a subset. Imagine the first measure is "myPercent" and the second measure is "USApercent." I now want to have a different color bar for these two measures.

Under Appearance > Colors, my options are limited to single, multi, by measure, by expression.

• Single - not appropriate
  • Multi - works, but how do I adjust the colors to something other than 12 colors or 100 colors?
  • By measure does not create a different color by measure. Instead, it creates a color scheme by dimension value and applies that to both dimensions.
  • By expression -- appears to be the proper option. However, I have not found a function that tells me whether this is measure_1 or measure_2

There has to be a simple answer but I am not finding it in manual, videos, or google search. Thanks for your patience with a newbie.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wow. Colors must be a complex topic. I should add that this is server edition, not desktop.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create the measures as Master Items. Then assign the colors you want the measures to have to the measure Master Items you just created. Finally replace the measures in your bar chart with the Master Items.

See assigning colors to master items‌ for more information

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Giuseppe_Panella
Employee
Employee

HI Erik,

you can assign color to master items as Gysbert has suggested or another option, you can assign colors to each master dimension value, as showed in this video

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. Very helpful. I had not discovered Master Measures and Master Dimensions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  I had not discovered Master Measures and Master Dimensions. This got me on the right path.