Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator

How to pass front end variable value into script?

Hi All,

I have implemented incremental load in my app, in front end side i have created one variable and assign that variable to variable extension there i have mention 1 for Full Load, "0" for Incremental load, it is working fine in front end side whenever i click on Full Load it will display 1, click on Incremental it will display "0" . The same variable i have mention in script but it doesn't pass any value.

So i want to click from front end side and do full load or Incremental load.

Could you please tell me any one how it can be do...!

Thanks in advance...

var_reload=$(var_initLoad);

if var_reload=0

Incremental load script will be executed

else

Full load script will be excuted

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you answered your own question, although you may not need the variable assignement

If var_initLoad = 0 Then

.....incremental load

Else

..... full load

End If

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
narayanaqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I have already implemented the incremental load by giving input from a notepad for the variable. What I want now is, instead of going to that file in the actual Qlik server and modifying the flag/variable, I wanted to pass that value in the form of a button click from the hub. But it turns out that the selection and setting of variable in the front end and triggering the task to run the aap from qmc does not help here. In short, the variable set in front end does not pass to the script of the app.