4 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2018 3:34 PM by Steve Dark RSS

How to highlight or show only New data based on Time Frame (month)

Joey Lake

Hello again Qlik Community,

I have another specific question, I'm hoping to figure out.

I have a set of data going back to the start of 2017 by day.  I track and measure a lot of things at a MTD level though as well.  What I'm wanting to do, is create a visualization wherein it will basically Highlight or only display New Accounts based on certain parameters.

Here's a simplified layout of my data:

DateAdvertiser NameSpend
      4/30/2018Company A99.40

4/30/2018

Company B107.65
      5/1/2018Company A253.45
      5/1/2018Company B110.11
      5/1/2018Company C74.32

So in this small excerpt, basically, lets assume that Company C is "New" in May.  We know this, because Company C doesn't have any spend in April (assuming the sample data was expanded).  Basically, I'm trying to thin of a formula that will basically compare Current Month spend and really only report back the Advertiser Name IF that spend of Current month is greater than if that Advertiser had any spend previous month.  If that advertiser had even $1.00 spend in Previous Month, I would not want to highlight that it's new, but if there was No spend in previous month, I'd like to be able to show visually, and quickly, what would be considered a New Account for the month.

Let me know if this makes sense, and I'm happy to provide any additional detail.  Thank you in advance.