Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apurvasingh
Contributor
Contributor

How can i run a macro after QMC reload automatically?

@Hello,

I have written a macro to generate outlook mails which contain different forms of reports.

The mail is sent to all the managers containing data only relevant to employees under them.

I have achieved this through macro and the macro runs through a button, we need to click the button to send mails.

Now what we want is to automate the button click too.

Once the application gets refreshed the macro should get triggered and the mails should be send without a need to click the button.

I have explored so options like I can write a batch file to call the macro and run that file through EDX trigger.

But, I am not able to understand exactly how can I implement this.

I need help with the batch file creation.

Any help would be really appreciated.

QlikView Forums & Resources

Regards,

Apurva Singh

1 Reply
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You seem to want to launch your macro aither by clicking a button or by firing a document trigger (like OnPostReload). On a QlikView server that may be kind of a problem.

A reload is performed by a process (QVB.exe) under QDS service control that ignores the user interface of your document. Macros that are triggered by buttons only operate when the QlikView server service (a different one) displays the document in the AP. But at that momenr, the script is ignored.

That's also why the OnPostReload trigger is not available in the Server environment.

Your best options are to either schedule QV Desktop to reload your document and send emails on the server, or to purchase an NPrinting license. NPrinting is unbeatable when attempting to embed QlikView document content in emails and MS Office documents.